The Faculty Dean, Staff Adviser of The Society, Heads of Departments, executives of the various clubs in the Faculty, members of The Society and others all converged at the Faculty of Law Theatre on the 28th of October, 2016 to celebrate the achievements of The Mooting Society.
A reception was held to give unique recognition to the remarkable efforts of The Mooting Society. Special acknowledgment was given to the most recent achievements of the members of The Mooting Society, notably those of the 2015/2016 Session.
With great commitment, thirst for knowledge, desire for new experiences, willingness to work, determination and the overall family spirit shared, The Mooting Society achieved the following in the year 2016:
NMUN, New York 2016
- Distinguished Delegation.
- Outstanding Position Papers at GA1, UNICEF and UNESCO.
Price Media Moot 2016
- Best Memorial West Africa.
African Moot, South Africa 2016
- Best West African Team.
- 3rd Best English Memorial.
- 6th Best English Team.
LMUN, University of Lagos 2016
- This Conference was successfully hosted in conjunction with The Law Students Society.
- Some members of The Mooting Society also received awards for excellent performances at the Conference.
The University of Lagos BP Debate 2016
- A member of the society was a part of the team that emerged second at the Unilag Debate.
National Tax Debate 3, Unilag 2016
- Two members of the society were a part of the team who emerged second at the National Debate.
Congratulatory remarks were given by the Dean, Prof. Ayo Atsenuwa to the members for a job well done over the years. Staff Adviser to the Society, Dr. Ogunniran, also congratulated the members for their exceptional performances and also shared her happiness at all the society’s achievements. Prof. Sanni and Dr. Ajibade also encouraged the members to forge ahead and continue excelling nationally and internationally.
For her self-less and loving service to The Mooting Society, the members gifted Dr. Ogunniran an award in appreciation of all her efforts and contributions.
[The Dean, Prof Atsenuwa at the reception]
[Staff Adviser, Dr Ogunniran giving her address]
[Prof. Sanni, Dr. Ajibade pose for a photo with Dr. Ogunniran as she holds her plaque]